This Refund & Cancellation Policy (hereinafter referred to as the “Policy”) shall govern the relationship between Dejla LLC, a limited liability company, having its registered office address at UAE – Dubai - Meydan - Free Zone Al Meydan Road (hereinafter referred to the “Company” or “Academies City” or “us” or “our” or “we”) and you (hereinafter referred to “you” or “your”) when a product/item is listed on the Platform by the Teacher, and/or is purchased by a Student on our site – www.academiescity.com/, and/or its related mobile application, namely, ‘Academies City’, as available on Apple App Store, and Google Play Store (hereinafter referred to as the “Website” or “Site” or “App” or “Platform”).
Please read this Policy carefully, as it forms a binding agreement between you and Academies City. If you do not accept this Policy in its entirety, then you may not make purchases on Academies City.
This Policy shall be read in conjunction with our Terms of Service (in you are a student) or Teacher Terms (in case you are a teacher), and our Disclaimer statement.
- ACCEPTANCE OF THIS POLICY
By listing any of your products or services (such as books, notes, courses, classes, etc.) on Academies City as a Teacher, or by purchasing any of the products or services listed on the Platform as a Student, you hereby represent that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by this Policy, our Terms of Service/Teacher Terms (as may be applicable to you), and Disclaimer statement, and any future updates and additions to these policies, as published from time to time at the Website/App or as otherwise may be communicated to you.
All details in respect of the qualification or expertise of the Teacher, and in respect of the books, documents, notes, materials, courses, and classes, is provided by the respective Teacher, and we in no way can confirm the same. Therefore, Academies City does not warrant that such description or representation will always be accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. Once the sale is complete, and the funds are transferred to the Teacher, the process cannot be undone.
- CANCELLATION AND RESCHEDULING
- Cancellation of Courses: The student can cancel the course enrolment before a certain number of days (as decided by Academies City) of class starting date, in that case, such student is entitled to receive the entire amount paid for such course into his/her Academies City wallet. In such cases, the Teachers are also not entitled to receive any amount for the cancelled courses/classes. You will be able to see this cancellation period in the details of the respective course on the App and Site. No cancellation request shall be entertained after the end of such period.
- No Appearance by Student: Students will receive a class reminder a day before and on the same day to attend the class and it is student’s responsibility to attend the classes on time. If Student does not show up to the course or class on the scheduled time(s), in that case, the service shall be deemed as ‘consumed’, and the student shall not be entitled to receive any refund.
- Non-usage: There are no refunds for reasons such as non-use or dissatisfaction. However, in such cases please feel free to share your feedback on [email protected].
- No Appearance by Teacher: If a Teacher fails to appear for the scheduled class, in that case, the class will be re-scheduled.
- Class is monitored by Academies City: Please note, all classes on Academies City between Student and Teacher are monitored, and are recorded for ensuring that the users comply with the policies of Academies City. Any behaviour of either the Teacher or the Student that goes against our Community Guidelines, can be reported by either the Teacher or the Student, or a sou motu action can be taken by Academies City in its sole discretion. This can lead to the account of the erring Student or Teacher getting suspended or terminated by Academies City.
- RAISING DISPUTES, RETURNS AND REFUND
- Period during which you can raise a complaint: We want Academies City to be a place where you purchase the products with confidence. For this reason, you can raise a complaint about the concerned book, course, document, material, class or teacher within a period of 5 (five) days, if it is different than what Teacher claimed it to be. You can raise complaint at [email protected].
- Process of Dispute Resolution: Once we have received a complaint, we will request you for all the relevant details to ascertain the genuineness of your complaint. If we find merit in your complaint, then we will get in touch with the concerned Teacher, and provide him/her the reasonable opportunity to being heard. After hearing both the Student and Teacher, Academies City will reach a decision in its sole discretion, after considering the facts and circumstances involved on a case-by-case basis.
- Outside Communication or Transaction: While deciding on any submitted dispute, Academies City may not consider any communication or payment made outside of the Platform.
- Academies City’s decision shall be final: We will take action based on our sole discretion. The decision reached by Academies City in respect of the above dispute shall be the full and final, and shall be binding on both the Student as well as the Teacher. The said decision of Academies City shall not be eligible for an appeal. Nothing mentioned this section shall be deemed to limit the entitlement of the student under any applicable law.
- GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
Unless provided by the relevant statute, rules or directives applicable to the jurisdiction in which you reside, in case of any claims, disputes or controversies arising out of or in relation to the services, or this Policy, the same shall be dealt with as per the Governing Law and Dispute Resolution clause as mentioned in the Terms of Service/Teacher Terms (as the case may be).
- UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
We may add to or change or update this Refund & Cancellation Policy at any time, from time to time, entirely at our own discretion, with or without any prior written notice. You are responsible for checking this Policy periodically. Your use of the Platform after any amendments to this Policy shall constitute your acceptance to such amendments.